Already Connected Warning

So we have noticed with the new release a heartbeat check or a constant warning every second:

(coherence) ClientCore: Connection attempt failed: already connected 

Looking at the stack trace it doesn’t seem to be anywhere originating from our code:

Coherence.Log.Targets.UnityConsoleTarget:Log (Coherence.Log.LogLevel,string,System.ValueTuple`2<string, object>[],Coherence.Log.Logger) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Log/LogTargets/UnityConsoleTarget.cs:75)
Coherence.Log.Logger:BuildAndPrintLog (Coherence.Log.LogLevel,string,System.ValueTuple`2<string, object>[]) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Log/Logger.cs:72)
Coherence.Log.Logger:LogImpl (Coherence.Log.LogLevel,string,System.ValueTuple`2<string, object>[]) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Log/Logger.cs:224)
Coherence.Log.Logger:Warning (string,System.ValueTuple`2<string, object>[]) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Log/Logger.cs:159)
Coherence.Log.UnityLogger:Warning (string,System.ValueTuple`2<string, object>[]) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Log/UnityLogger.cs:93)
Coherence.Core.ClientCore:Connect (Coherence.Connection.EndpointData,Coherence.Common.ConnectionSettings,Coherence.Connection.ConnectionType) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Core/ClientCore.cs:176)
Coherence.Toolkit.CoherenceBridge:Connect (Coherence.Connection.EndpointData,Coherence.Connection.ConnectionType,bool,Coherence.Common.ConnectionSettings) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Toolkit/CoherenceBridge.cs:590)
Coherence.Toolkit.CoherenceBridge:Connect (Coherence.Connection.EndpointData,Coherence.Common.ConnectionSettings) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Toolkit/CoherenceBridge.cs:324)
Coherence.Toolkit.CoherenceBridge:JoinRoom (Coherence.Cloud.RoomData) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Toolkit/CoherenceBridge.cs:379)
Coherence.Cloud.LobbiesService:OnPlayStarted (string) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Runtime/Cloud/GameServices/Lobbies/LobbiesService.cs:660)
Coherence.Cloud.RequestFactory/<>c__DisplayClass27_0:<AddPushCallback>b__0 (int,string,string) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Runtime/Cloud/Requests/RequestFactory.cs:96)
Coherence.Runtime.WebSocket:HandleResponse (string) (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Runtime/WebSocket.cs:656)
Coherence.Runtime.WebSocket:Update () (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Runtime/WebSocket.cs:578)
Coherence.Cloud.RequestFactory:Coherence.Runtime.IUpdatable.Update () (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Runtime/Cloud/Requests/RequestFactory.cs:345)
Coherence.Runtime.Updater:Update () (at ./Library/PackageCache/io.coherence.sdk@1.2.1/Coherence.Runtime/Updater.cs:90)

The stack trace shows a handler call that then goes all the way to the warning. This is showing up on builds that we’ve had released that didn’t show this behavior. The release is on the 1.1.x version of cherence. So I don’t think this is related to the new coherence sdk version but something on the backend?

Does this happen for all clients connected or a single client? We did deploy some lobby changes that may have this effect if a player is not initialized properly when establishing the lobby connection. I will take a look at your lobby logs to see if we can identify the root cause.

I want to say everyone? I’d have to debug it a bit more. What would cause a player to not initialize properly?

Clients send and receive an ID used to track their history in the lobby and we’re seeing some clients not sending this ID correctly. I’ve deployed a change that should revert this behaviour and provide us more logging and debugging to find the root cause. You should not receive this error anymore - let me know if you’re still seeing it.

Yep looks like that cleared it up, thank you. If you need any help tracking this down let me know. We are trying to nail down consistent behavior with people joining and switching lobbies.

Separate question are there release notes for backend changes or are backend updates published somewhere?

We do not, but I have made a note internally for us to define a process to start doing this.